WHAT YOU NEED
- 1-can of sardines (choose more if you are feeding more than 2 people)
- 2-3 medium size pickles, chopped (depending on the amount of crunch you want in your salad)
- 1-2 tablespoons stone ground mustard (use your favorite kind of mustard and adjust the amount to your taste)
- 1-2 tablespoons of garlic sauce or mayonnaise (I use a pre-made garlic sauce that has garlic, olive oil and lemon pureed)
- 1-cup garbanzo beans/chickpeas mashed (optional)
- Pepper to taste
HOW TO PREPARE
- Open and drain the sardines. If your sardines are packed in olive oil you can incorporate some of the oil in the salad. Mash the sardines with a fork.
- Add the mashed garbanzo beans (optional), chopped pickles, mustard and garlic sauce or mayonnaise to the bowl of sardines. Mix together.
- Add pepper to taste.
- Serve on gluten-free bread, lettuce leaves or on top of fresh salad greens.