Kale Chips with Seaweed
WHAT YOU NEED
- 1 bunch kale
- 5 sheets of Nori
- Coconut oil
- Sea salt
Dinosaur/Lacinto Kale with Nori and Sea Crunchies
HOW TO PREPARE
- Preheat oven to 350
- Wash and chop kale. Some people remove the thicker stems but I leave them.
- Shred nori sheets into bite size pieces. Other varieties of seaweed work well too.
- Put chopped kale and shredded nori into a bowl
- Using clean hands pour a teaspoon of coconut oil on your hands and rub them together.
- Once your hands are evenly coated in coconut oil, begin massaging the kale/nori combo. I prefer this method for applying the coconut oil because it ensures that I won’t add too much and it helps me to evenly spread the coconut oil throughout the mixture.
- Spread the kale/nori mixture on a baking sheet. You should have a single layer. If you have too much for a single baking sheet use two sheets.
- Sea salt to taste
- Bake at 350 until crispy (about 15-20 minutes). Watch carefully so the kale doesn’t burn.
- In our house these usually disappear in 5 minutes so I now make at least 2 trays.